Sunday, January 11, 2009

disappointment

i retract all my previous positive comments about the country fresh market in the plaza between glenway and werk (by the old drug emporium). my mom and i went there today after a long absence. the absence was because the new owners fired a family friend after 15 yrs of employment, and it was a mini-boycott. we discovered today these new owners have also completely destroyed all the quirky things i loved about the store. instead of unique pastas and sauces, imported cookies, and a million kinds of hot sauce, the shelves now house ragu and poptarts. BOO! i'm sure they did it as a financial decision, but wow, what a disappointment.

4 comments:

liz said...

that sucks! i've always wanted to check that place out but now i won't waste my time. boo.

Anonymous said...

That's a shame. It seems that the new owners have turned it into just another mini-mart.

Anonymous said...

liz said...
"that sucks! i've always wanted to check that place out but now i won't waste my time. boo."

Maybe if you had shoped there the owners would not have been forced to make changes.

Anonymous said...

I used to go there all the time, I was fan of how it used to be. I completely agree with you on how the store is now, but there are still some unique items on the shelves.

But yeah, it looks like a low-rent grocery store now.