Monday, January 5, 2009

the decision

we decided. we went to mecklenburg gardens for new years eve. here is the featured drink, champagne and chambord and maybe something else. i drank, like, 5 of these. the dd's na warsteiner is in the background.

below is the sausage plate (the terminator and bratwurst) that terminator was a kick in the pants. wow was it spicy.
the chicken schnitzel with hunter sauce, sides of cabbage and apples and spaetzle. i had actually ordered the weiner and beth the chicken, but they gave us the wrong ones and we didn't realize it until we were almost finished eating. so i guess really there's not that much of a difference between the two. (ps. doesn't my bracelet look fabulous?)

the goettawurst with a side of kraut
and the weiner schnitzel, cabbage and apple slaw, and spaetzle. nothing on this plate is good for you, but it sure is delicious.

cream puff!

wait! who in the hell ordered jager bombs? oh yeah. that was me.
happy new year!

5 comments:

Reverb said...

This blog is pretty sweet...I'm glad I found it. I'm a Cincinnati Foodie too!

5chw4r7z said...

you got the wiener - dog?

lol, I'm killing myself over here.

Ginger said...

The terminator and bratwurst look so very yummy. I want some!!

k said...

reverb- welcome! glad you found us!

schwartz - it would have been worse if i said "beth got the wiener instead of me" :)

ginger - they were so very yummy!

liberal foodie said...

happy new year! I've been here for lunch and ordered the beer cheese soup. It was the highlight of my meal. Definitely not a healthy meal but I don't think there is a healthy german meal.