Thursday, May 8, 2008

my gyro

first, i would like to say how insanely jealous i am that beth and eric are in argentina.

now that's out of my system. dinner tonight was gyros at sebastian's. definitely the best gyro in cincinnati, possibly in all of north america. the place is tiny and tiled in aegean blue and orange. what can only be described as a log of meat rotates on the warmer to tender delectability and is shaved for sandwiches by alex, the owner. his grand-daughters work behind the cash register and deliver baskets of greek goodness to the tables. they have wonderful gyros, greek fries, tiropita, spanakopita, baklava, and my favorite, kataifee.
sebastian's only takes cash and the line is usually long. it's worth it.

5 comments:

JKNEPFLE said...

Their greek salads are the BEST!

k said...

totally agree- i can't believe i forgot to mention them!
i also forgot to mention they cater and it is awesome...big pile of gyro meat, pitas, olives, peppers, onions, etc. good deal; last time i ordered it i think it was $7 a person (and we had TONS left). and desserts per piece.

Julie said...

I thought that Sebastian's was the best (And Mrs. Sebastian IS the best, she just is) until I went to Zorba's in DC. Sort of kicked Sebastian's rear. Sigh. I haven't been to Sebastian's in such a long time...

k said...

blasphemy! :)

i will have to check out zorba's next visit to dc.

Jaime said...

I lived on Sebastian's when I was pregnant, for a while all I could stomach were their fries and greek salads!