Monday, March 22, 2010

cod and god 2010

ok, so i have been quite the slacker this year when it has come to the fish fry. getting home late on friday nights from chillicothe has not helped my cause. as easter is rapidly approaching, it seems unlikely i will be able to analyze a large sample size this year. i only have comments to offer on one westside fry: st. martin's.

and, i have only one thing to say about it.

the right amount of grease is a good thing.

the wrong amount leads to two people throwing away their fish fry dinners from st. martin's. the fish was batter dipped and so greasy it soaked through the bread. the fish inside the batter dipping was overcooked and falling apart. brian said the mac and cheese wasn't even good.

the next day we were shopping and i kept wondering what this horrible smell was. finally, it dawned on me that the smell was eminating from brian's jacket, which he had worn while waiting in line 20minutes for our fish the night before. grease odor marinating on a fleece jacket did not improve my opinion of our experience.

sorry, st. martin's, but you disappointed me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want a good fish fry, I think you should try Bridgetown Finer Meats, you have to wait a bit, but wow! is it worth it. Oh and they're open later and you can call ahead and order it. It's $7.00 for a fish sandwich, which may seem expensive but when you see how much they give you, you'll understand. One sandwich is enough for two people.

k said...

thanks for the recommendation - i will have to check it out! i don't get over there as much as i should. i always have a good experience at the finer meats and the wine counters.

Patty Cable said...

I so have to agree with Tom - I love BFM anyway but their fish is to die for! It's huge - I posted a picture of it when I got it last lent (and I'm not even Catholic!)

Patty Cable said...

I so have to agree with Tom - I love BFM anyway but their fish is to die for! It's huge - I posted a picture of it when I got it last lent (and I'm not even Catholic!)